This crème brûlée recipe is a vegan twist on the classic french dessert. All you need are 7 ingredients for this rich and creamy vegan dessert. Silken tofu is so versatile and the custard-like texture is perfect for a creamy crème brûlée. This recipe could not be easier or more decadent. Enjoy the sound of the the lovely crack when your spoon breaks through the top.
Tofu Créme Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons salted vegan butter
- Pinch of turmeric
- Blend the silken tofu with the vanilla paste until very smooth.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 7 tablespoons of soy milk and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Mix corn starch with the rest of the soy milk and whisk until well combined.
- Add the silken tofu mix to the milk, whisk until well combined, then add the corn flour milk mix.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly to prevent lumps, until the creme thickens.
- Take off from heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of salted vegan butter.
- Divide evenly into 2-3 ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and cool down at room temperature. Then store the ramekins for 4 hours or longer in the fridge.
- Just before serving, take the ramekins out of the fridge. Sprinkle an even layer of granulated sugar on top of a serving and torch it until the sugar starts to melt and a deep golden brown coating forms.
- Rest for a few minutes, decorate with some raspberries and then serve immediately.