This crème brûlée recipe is a vegan twist on the classic french dessert. All you need are 7 ingredients for this rich and creamy vegan dessert. Silken tofu is so versatile and the custard-like texture is perfect for a creamy crème brûlée. This recipe could not be easier or more decadent. Enjoy the sound of the the lovely crack when your spoon breaks through the top.
Tofu Créme Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Créme Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons salted vegan butter
- Pinch of turmeric
How to Prepare Tofu Créme Brûlée [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Blend the silken tofu with the vanilla paste until very smooth.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 7 tablespoons of soy milk and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Mix corn starch with the rest of the soy milk and whisk until well combined.
- Add the silken tofu mix to the milk, whisk until well combined, then add the corn flour milk mix.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly to prevent lumps, until the creme thickens.
- Take off from heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of salted vegan butter.
- Divide evenly into 2-3 ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and cool down at room temperature. Then store the ramekins for 4 hours or longer in the fridge.
- Just before serving, take the ramekins out of the fridge. Sprinkle an even layer of granulated sugar on top of a serving and torch it until the sugar starts to melt and a deep golden brown coating forms.
- Rest for a few minutes, decorate with some raspberries and then serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 964 | Total Carbs: 123g | Total Fat: 42g | Total Protein: 34g | Total Sodium: 278mg | Total Sugar: 101gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.