This vibrant Toasted Sesame Kale Radicchio Salad is naturally vegan and bursting with flavor! The water chestnuts add a heartiness giving this salad an extra depth. Toasted sesame oil combined with brown rice vinegar is one of the best flavor profiles in any Asian cuisine.
Toasted Sesame Kale Radicchio Salad [Vegan]
- 2 Tablespoons Shallots - minced
- 2 Clove Garlic - minced
- 1 Serrano Pepper - minced - optional
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/3 Cup Brown Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon Gluten Free Tamari – or to taste be careful not to add too much
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice - fresh squeezed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger - microplaned - or to taste
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- 1 Head of Kale - thinly sliced
- 1 Small Head Raddichio - thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - thinly sliced or diced
- 1 Carrot - matchsticks
- 1/2 Cup Radishes - thinly sliced or matchsticks
- 4 Cups Purple Cabbage - thinly sliced or minced
- 1/4 Cup Chives - thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz. Can Organic Water Chestnuts
- Sliced Almonds - to taste
- Black Sesame Seeds optional
Wash the kale and remove the main rib by holding the end of the steam and pull down with your other hand. Discarding the main rib.
Chop the kale into thin strips or put through a food processor with the slicer attachment and add to a large bowl.
Slice or use a food processor with the slicer attachment for all the rest of the vegetables. You will want to slice the bell pepper by hand.
Cut off the stem and bottom of the pepper and remove the ribs and seeds. Thinly slice or dice and add to the veggies.
In a medium bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
Mix into the veggies and serve with chives and sliced almonds.
Sprinkle with black sesame seeds if desired.