These skillet rolls are like little pillowy dough puffs of happiness. They have a crispy exterior, a dense, doughy center, and plenty of buttery flavor. Sprinkle with some rosemary and watch how quickly these rolls run out!
Thanksgiving Skillet Rolls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Thanksgiving Skillet Rolls [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter for brushing
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
How to Prepare Thanksgiving Skillet Rolls [Vegan]
- Add your milk, sugar, salt, and vegan butter into a medium bowl. You can warm this in a pan on the stovetop or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in your yeast. Let sit until fragrant and frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Measure your flour into a large bowl. When yeast is ready, pour wet into dry. Mix until it’s a shaggy dough.
- Turn out onto the floured surface. Knead for about 3-5 minutes, adding flour as needed, until your dough is smooth and not sticky.
- Grease the large bowl and put your dough back in. Place a damp tea towel over the top and let rise for about three hours.
- Roll out onto a floured surface and make a square with the dough. Cut into 12 equal squares. Take each square and fold the edges underneath and pinch; it’ll look similar to a balloon.
- Place (pinched side down) into a greased cast-iron skillet and let rise again for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a tiny glass bowl, add your butter and rosemary. Stick it in the microwave for about twenty seconds or so to melt.
- Brush your rolls with the rosemary butter, stick them in the oven, and bake for about 35 minutes. Take them out when they are nice and golden brown.
- Sprinkle a little more rosemary if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.