This Thai coconut curry tofu is spicy, sweet, salty, and bursting with aromatic spices. It’s also made creamy with light coconut milk and served with sprouted brown rice — but any rice will do. The sauce and rice can also be prepared ahead of time, if you’re looking for a dinner that you need to come together fast!
Spicy Sweet Red Coconut Tofu Curry With Sprouted Brown Rice [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce pack tofu
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil or any other high cooking temperature oil
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked sprouted brown rice or any rice
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat your avocado oil on medium-high heat.
- Drain all the water from your tofu, chop into cubes, and add tofu to the pan on medium-high heat. Cook your tofu for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Make sure your pan is large enough, or cook your tofu in 2 batches.
- In a separate saucepan over medium heat, and your curry paste and can of coconut milk and stir together until incorporated. Increase heat to medium-high and let reduce, about 5 minutes. You will see the sauce begin to bubble and thicken.
- Reduce to low heat, and add your soy sauce, maple syrup, lime, and paprika. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your cooked tofu to the pan with your curry sauce, on medium heat, and stir together until tofu is well coated in your sauce.
- Serve over brown rice with chopped cilantro on top.