This Thai coconut curry tofu is spicy, sweet, salty, and bursting with aromatic spices. It’s also made creamy with light coconut milk and served with sprouted brown rice — but any rice will do. The sauce and rice can also be prepared ahead of time, if you’re looking for a dinner that you need to come together fast!
Spicy Sweet Red Coconut Tofu Curry With Sprouted Brown Rice [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Sweet Red Coconut Tofu Curry With Sprouted Brown Rice [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce pack tofu
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil or any other high cooking temperature oil
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked sprouted brown rice or any rice
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Prepare Spicy Sweet Red Coconut Tofu Curry With Sprouted Brown Rice [Vegan]
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat your avocado oil on medium-high heat.
- Drain all the water from your tofu, chop into cubes, and add tofu to the pan on medium-high heat. Cook your tofu for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Make sure your pan is large enough, or cook your tofu in 2 batches.
- In a separate saucepan over medium heat, and your curry paste and can of coconut milk and stir together until incorporated. Increase heat to medium-high and let reduce, about 5 minutes. You will see the sauce begin to bubble and thicken.
- Reduce to low heat, and add your soy sauce, maple syrup, lime, and paprika. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your cooked tofu to the pan with your curry sauce, on medium heat, and stir together until tofu is well coated in your sauce.
- Serve over brown rice with chopped cilantro on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.