This kind of reminds me of a super healthy version of pad thai. Like a pad thai but in crunchy salad form. The blend of vegetables gives the salad the perfect mixture of flavors and textures. The carrots and bell peppers bring a hint of sweetness, while the broccoli and spinach add their brilliant earthy flavors, which is all balanced out with the brightness from the green onions. And then there’s the quinoa which makes the whole salad feel fluffy and light, and the peanuts for some added crunch. But, what makes this salad distinctly Thai-inspired is the wonderful peanut-y dressing. I went for a clean eating version and made a simple dressing that boasts a ton of flavor and brings this whole salad to life.
Thai Peanut Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned and cut into 2" strips
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water (to thin the dressing)
- Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl, minus the broccoli and dressing.
- Gently steam the broccoli for 2 minutes (or 40 seconds in the microwave) and transfer to the salad bowl. Toss ingredients together to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss again until everything is incorporated and evenly covered by the dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge and serve when desired.