Vegan Thai coconut soup is a healthy and flavorful dish that is a perfect weeknight dinner. This Thai coconut soup is oil-free, gluten-free, and ready in under 30 minutes. This recipe requires minimal chopping and prep work, so it comes together very quickly. In fact, if you didn’t want to pull out your cutting board at all, you could buy pre-minced ginger and garlic and rip the spinach with your hands. How many recipes can you say that about?
Thai Coconut Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 4 ounces brown rice pad Thai noodles
- 1 15.5 ounces can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or coconut aminos for soy-free)
- 2 big handfuls spinach, roughly chopped
- Sliced lime, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Saute ginger and garlic in a little bit of water or veggie broth until fragrant and slightly softened about 3 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes until it starts browning. Add a splash of water if it becomes too dried out.
- Next, add the whole can of coconut milk (water and solids), veggie broth, and water. Bring the broth to a boil.
- Reduce the broth to a simmer and then add the rice noodles and chickpeas and cook for about 3 minutes, until noodles are almost done, but still have a little bite.
- Add chopped spinach, stir and cook another couple minutes until the rice noodles are tender. Stir in tamari (or coconut aminos) and serve garnished with lime and a big handful of chopped cilantro. And that's it! Enjoy!