These potato skins are the perfect small bite for your next get-together, or even a simple light lunch. They're packed with flavor and so easy to make – everyone will be begging you for the recipe!
Tex-Mex Twice Baked Potato Skins [Vegan]
For the Potato Skins:
- 6-8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2-1 cup guacamole for serving (optional)
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub potatoes clean and dry them off, then pierce them with a knife in a few places and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until soft when squeezed.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool enough to handle. Cut them in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out center leaving a little bit of flesh.
- Mix the taco seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Brush both sides of potatoes with oil, place potatoes face-down on lined baking tray, and sprinkle with seasoning mix.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the skins start to crisp. Then remove the pan from the oven and flip the skins over onto their backs and fill each skin with tomatoes, corn, black beans, jalapeños, and additional taco seasoning. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the edges are crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool for about five minutes, then top with guacamole if desired. Serve warm.