This spiced curry is brimming with wholesome vegetables. This particular recipe uses carrots, pumpkin, and bell pepper, but you can swap these for your favorites! The coconut milk and ginger-garlic paste give this Indian entrée a uniquely complex flavor. Serve this one hot and with plenty of roti to dip!
Tandoori Masala Mushroom Curry [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice (carrot, beans, yellow pumpkin, green bell pepper)
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilis, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons tandoori masala or garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Chop all the vegetables and mushrooms, set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and green chilis and sauté for a bit. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
- Now, add the vegetables and mushrooms. Stir well. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, and tandoori powder and mix everything well.
- Add a 1/2 cup of water and cook it covered on low flame for 10 minutes. Add coconut milk, coriander powder, and salt to taste. Stir everything well and cook for another 5-8 minutes. Serve hot.