Dinners, in the traditional sense, are usually centered around one main dish. For a stunning centerpiece that looks as amazing as it tastes, you have to try this whole roasted cauliflower. Along with being absolutely gorgeous, it is craftily spiced, rubbed down with a nutty tahini coating, drizzled with lemony herbs, and eventually garnished with roasted almonds. This whole roasted cauliflower will definitely be a crowd-pleaser at your next dinner party––or maybe you'll want to keep it all to yourself!
Tahini-Roasted Cauliflower With Lemony Herb Oil [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tahini-Roasted Cauliflower With Lemony Herb Oil [Vegan]
For the cauliflower:
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- A handful of toasted almonds
For the Baharat Spice Blend:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 5 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
For the Tahini Coating:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baharat spice blend (see above)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Lemony Herb Oil:
- A bundle of parsley
- A bundle of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- A pinch of salt
How to Prepare Tahini-Roasted Cauliflower With Lemony Herb Oil [Vegan]
To Make the Baharat Spice Blend:
- Toast peppercorns, coriander, cumin, and cloves on a hot, dry pan, until fragrant. Remove the pan from heat, then grind the spices in a mortar. Add the rest of the spices and mix them together.
To Make the Tahini Coating:
- Mix all ingredients together. Add more water if the mixture seems too thick. It should be spreadable.
To Make the Lemony Herb Oil:
- Blend all ingredients into a smooth, pesto-like paste.
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Brush cast-iron skillet or another oven-proof dish with olive oil.
- Remove the green outer leaves from cauliflower. Level the stem so that cauliflower stands up.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook cauliflower for 7 minutes. Drain and pat it dry.
- Spread tahini mixture all over the cauliflower with your hands. Roast cauliflower in the oven for 45 minutes or until it can be pierced with a fork.
- Increase oven temperature to 435°F and bake cauliflower for an additional 5-10 minutes until small brown spots appear.
- Drizzle cauliflower with some herb oil and garnish with toasted almonds just before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 952 | Total Carbs: 71 g | Total Fat: 89 g | Total Protein: 26 g | Total Sodium: 292 g | Total Sugar: 42 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.