I've been trying to “sweetify” all my fav recipes, and here’s one I want to share with you: Sweet Summer Rolls with Raspberry Dipping Sauce! Looks yum right? These ones are filled with apple, purple cabbage, mint, toasted hazelnuts, and kiwi. But you can of course go crazy with the flavor combinations!
Sweet Summer Dessert Rolls [Vegan, Raw]
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 hazelnuts, chopped
- A dash of cinnamon
- Heaping 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 orange, juice only
- 1 3/4 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 apple, julienned or thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- Add raspberries and orange juice to a pot and heat gently while stirring until it’s a smooth sauce. If it’s too tart for you, add some agave syrup or dates. Leave to cool off a bit.
- Toast the hazelnuts with some cinnamon in a dry pan for a few minutes until they’re lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Boil some water and mix with cold water in a big bowl, until cold enough for your hands not to get burnt.
- Dip the rice paper in the water for about 10-15 seconds. The paper should get soft, but not slimy soft.
- Put some of each ingredient (everything except the raspberry sauce) on the lower half of the rice paper. Roll up tightly halfway, fold in the sides, and roll all the way up.
- Dip the rolls in the raspberry sauce.