Sweet potatoes are one of our favorites. They're filling, nutrient dense, and will keep you from over-snacking. This salad is so simple and delicious, you must try it!
Sweet Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes (orange, purple or white)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (acv)
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- extra seasonings of your choice
- 4-6 collard greens (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add chopped sweet potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes. You want potatoes to be soft enough to fork but not mushy. Drain sweet potatoes and add to a large bowl and stick in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once potatoes are cooled, add celery and onion to the large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl add: garlic, acv, tahini, lemon, mustard, olive oil, cayenne, salt and pepper and stir well. Adjust flavor to your liking. Once sweet potatoes have cooled add those to the large bowl. Pour tahini dressing over the top and stir well. Add any extra seasonings you wish. Serve potato salad chilled. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- When ready to serve, wash collard greens and remove ends of the stems. Lightly filet back of collards with a small knife to cut down the steam on the back. Add a few spoonful’s of the potato salad and roll up.
- Sweet Potato