This salad is packed full of savory sweet potato noodles, a tangy peanut dressing, and tender sautéed edamame. It's great to feed a few friends or to make in big a batch and save for lunches throughout the week.
Sweet Potato Noodle Salad With Peanut Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha, to taste
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, as needed
For the Noodles:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 sweet potato, spiralized
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
For the Salad:
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 green onions, diced
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a blender, starting with 1/4 cup of water.
- Blend on high until everything has combined and add more water as needed.
- Using the spaghetti spiralizer fitting, cut the sweet potato into noodles.
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and sweet potato and sauté them for 3 minutes, flipping them with tongs regularly.
- Add edamame to the pan and cook it for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the edamame is warm and sweet potatoes are tender but not mushy. Remove them from the heat.
- Combine spinach, cabbage, green onions, and sweet potato noodle/edamame mixture in a large bowl.
- If you're eating them all at once, add the dressing and toss everything to combine. If you don't think you will finish the whole salad, add dressing to each serving to avoid spinach from wilting.