The perfect brunch for Sunday morning: sweet potato pancakes with cranberries, topped with a generous drizzle of maple pecan syrup.
Sweet Potato Cranberry Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup plus, 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cups thin coconut milk at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 3 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecan butter
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water, as needed
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and water, and set in the fridge for 15 minutes until the mixture is gel-like.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, sweet potato and oil until combined, then the flax eggs until combined.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- To cook pancakes, preheat oven to 200°F. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add a little coconut oil to coat the bottom.
- Once hot, add the batter in 1/4 cup amounts. Let the pancakes cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side until set and starting to brown, then flip with a spatula and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- When cooked, place on a plate and keep warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining pancakes.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth (if it is too thick to drizzle, whisk in a little more filtered water), then drizzle over the pancakes before serving.