There’s nothing like coming home in the evening on a cool fall day and warming up with a big bowl of hearty soup. The carrots and sweet potatoes are roasted in the oven beforehand to give them a bold and rounded flavor. Ginger gives every spoonful an extra zing and a touch of cayenne pepper adds just enough spiciness to help keep you warm.
Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Ginger Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Ginger Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Ginger Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Chop your sweet potatoes and carrots into medium-sized cubes and place spread out of your pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Chop your onion and garlic and add to the pot, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Add grated ginger, sweet potato, carrots, and a pinch of cayenne, then stir together.
- Next, add your vegetable broth and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender (or use a hand blender) and blend soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.