There’s nothing like coming home in the evening on a cool fall day and warming up with a big bowl of hearty soup. The carrots and sweet potatoes are roasted in the oven beforehand to give them a bold and rounded flavor. Ginger gives every spoonful an extra zing and a touch of cayenne pepper adds just enough spiciness to help keep you warm.
Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Ginger Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Chop your sweet potatoes and carrots into medium-sized cubes and place spread out of your pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Chop your onion and garlic and add to the pot, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Add grated ginger, sweet potato, carrots, and a pinch of cayenne, then stir together.
- Next, add your vegetable broth and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender (or use a hand blender) and blend soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.