Millet, like quinoa and couscous, is a very versatile cereal and can be used not only in salty dishes, but also to prepare desserts. A dessert as simple as this is a healthy, rich and nutritious option. It is a sweet millet cream served with cherry jam that you can serve at breakfast or as a dessert.
Sweet Millet Cream [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup of millet
- 1 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of cherries
- Wash the millet in a colander under the stream of water until the water comes out transparent.
- In a pot put to heat 1 cup of soy milk, water and millet.
- While the milk is heated, squeeze the lemon and cut several strips of skin without the white part.
- We add the lemon peel, the cinnamon stick and the vanilla to the pot. We cook the millet until it is soft for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest another 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick, add the agave syrup, the lemon juice and half a cup of soy milk. We crush the millet in the blender until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour the millet cream into cups or glasses and let it rest.
- On the other hand, we heat the cherries with a small amount of sugar in a saucepan and cook them by crushing a little with a fork and stirring until a jam is formed.
- Pour the marmalade into the cups with the millet cream and let it cool before serving.