The soy, ginger, garlic and maple syrup gives this dish a teriyaki flavor, but the addition of the vinegar gives it a cheeky zing.
Sweet and Sour Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 package firm tofu, pressed for 15 minutes and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons ground nut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 heads of bok choy, cut into quarters (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- In a wok or pan, heat the oil, add the tofu cubes and cook for 5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Mix together the maple syrup, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, soy and water and add it to the tofu.
- Add the bok choy, if using.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions, if using.