These pecan and pistachio balls are an interesting mix of sweet white mulberries and sour cherries, leaving you wanting more.
Sweet and Sour Pecan and Pistachio Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup sour cherries (loving earth)
- 1/2 cup white mulberries (loving earth)
- 3 medjool dates pitted
- 3/4 cup coconut desiccated (will need more for coating balls)
- 4 teaspoons cacao powder, raw organic (loving earth)
- 6 tablespoons orange juice (navel oranges)
- Process nuts in food processor until coarsely ground
- Place white mulberries, sour cherries, medjool dates pitted, desiccated coconut and cacao powder into vitamix, thermomix or food processor, blend ingredients till combined
- Squeeze orange juice, add to mixture and process until moist
- Roll tablespoon of mixture into balls, then roll into desiccated coconut
- Place balls into fridge for at least an hour
- Ready to eat, ENJOY!!
Soaking and dehydrating of pecans is an option, not a requirement; you can use raw nuts. If you choose to soak nuts, complete this process in bulk, so you have a good amount of nuts in your pantry for recipes and snacks, then your recipe process is quick and easy. Soak pecans 4-6 hours. Rinse and drain. Dehydrate for 12–24 hours or until dry. Dehydration time will depend on how many nuts are in the dehydrator at one time.