These bites are mini white chocolate cups that encase colorful superfood filling, making them an ideal treat for when you’re craving something sweet that melts in your mouth. The dairy-free white chocolate is made from a blend of cacao butter and cashew butter while the filling is a blend of cashew butter, supergreens, acai powder, and beet juice. Top them with freeze-dried raspberries or your favorite freeze-dried fruit.
Superfood White Chocolate Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the White Chocolate:
- 1 cup raw cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
For the Superfood Filling:
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon supergreen powder
- 1 teaspoon acai powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut water
- 1/2 teaspoon beet juice/concentrate
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
For the Topping:
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- First, make the superfood filling. Grab two small bowls and divide the cashew butter and maple syrup between each. In one, mix in the supergreen powder and coconut water; the other, the acai powder and beet juice/concentrate. If either mixture is a little too sticky, add enough ground almonds to form a smooth paste.
- Roll each mixture into three balls and place onto a small board lined with greaseproof paper and chill in the refrigerator to firm up for a good hour.
- Now make the white chocolate: Carefully melt the cacao butter in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- Either whisk in the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla or place in a blender and whizz up – you don’t want any lumps.
- Using 4-6 individual silicone bun/muffin moulds (place each one in a standard bun/muffin tin), spoon about 2 tablespoons of the melted cacao butter mixture into each one, then freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove the superfood balls from the refrigerator and flatten each one into a circle.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and place a superfood filling disk on top of each firmed up base. Now spoon over 2 tablespoons of the remaining cacao butter mixture over each one to cover and reach the top of the cases.
- Return to the freezer for at least 1 hour until solid.
- When you’re ready to serve, simply pop out the freezer and sprinkle with some freeze-dried raspberries.
- White Chocolate