These superfood quinoa stuffed mushrooms might be the healthiest appetizer or party food you probably make. You can’t beat this combo: vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, full of protein from the quinoa, antioxidants from pomegranate seeds, creaminess from tahini paste, and many benefits from the umami mushrooms. But that's not all. The quinoa is infused with maca, a mineral-packed superfood. Delicious food for the soul and many wonders for your body — could it be any better?
Superfood Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces closed-cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, for topping
- 3 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start with cleaning the mushrooms and removing the stems. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper and bake for around 15 minutes at 410°F. While you do this, cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the quinoa is done, add all the other ingredients to a bowl, mix well. Stuff the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Mushrooms tend to have some liquid after baking, so please make sure before filling to dry them with a paper towel. Or, turn them upside down to get rid off and the excess liquid. That way they are ready for the filling, otherwise the filling will be watery.