These superfood quinoa stuffed mushrooms might be the healthiest appetizer or party food you probably make. You can’t beat this combo: vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, full of protein from the quinoa, antioxidants from pomegranate seeds, creaminess from tahini paste, and many benefits umami mushrooms. But that's not all. The quinoa is infused with maca, a mineral-packed superfood. Delicious food for the soul and many wonders for your body — could it be any better?
Superfood Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces closed-cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds for topping
- 3 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start with cleaning the mushrooms and removing the stems. Next, place the mushrooms on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper and bake for around 15 minutes at 410°F. While you do this, cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the quinoa is done, add all the other ingredients to a bowl, mix well.
- Stuff the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Mushrooms tend to have some liquid after baking, so please make sure before filling to dry them with a paper towel. Or, turn them upside down to get rid of and the excess liquid. This way, the mushrooms won't be watery and will be ready for the filling.