These superfood quinoa stuffed mushrooms might be the healthiest appetizer or party food you probably make. You can’t beat this combo: vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, full of protein from the quinoa, antioxidants from pomegranate seeds, creaminess from tahini paste, and many benefits umami mushrooms. But that's not all. The quinoa is infused with maca, a mineral-packed superfood. Delicious food for the soul and many wonders for your body — could it be any better?
Superfood Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Superfood Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces closed-cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds for topping
- 3 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Superfood Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Start with cleaning the mushrooms and removing the stems. Next, place the mushrooms on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper and bake for around 15 minutes at 410°F. While you do this, cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the quinoa is done, add all the other ingredients to a bowl, mix well.
- Stuff the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Mushrooms tend to have some liquid after baking, so please make sure before filling to dry them with a paper towel. Or, turn them upside down to get rid of and the excess liquid. This way, the mushrooms won't be watery and will be ready for the filling.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.