These Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies are ultra crispy and chewy, yet soft in the middle! More importantly, these cookies are a healthy, satisfying, and energizing option for the perfect grab-n-go breakfast for the entire family. Made from thickly cut GF oats, almond flour and jam-packed with nutrients from superfoods—chia seeds, flaxseeds, + almond butter, as well as raisins, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, greens blend powder, and naturally sweetened; these cookies are super easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert. Oil-Free and Gluten-Free
Superfood Breakfast Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups rolled oats, GF (
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic superfood + greens blend, optional (I use Navitas Organics)
- 2 'flax eggs' (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 4 tablespoons WARM water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Almond butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup organic dried raisins
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or a lightly greased cookie sheet) to prevent cookies from sticking and burning fast. Set aside.
- Prep the 'flax eggs' by adding the flaxseed meal and warm water together in a bowl and stir together until well combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, including the dried fruit + seeds. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together using a rubber spatula until well combined and the batter is sticky enough to mold together.
- Scoop about 3 Tbsps of cookie dough using a cookie scoop, and place it directly unto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is made.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool them cool completely before serving.
- Bon Appetit!