Full of fresh summer produce, this paleo vegan soup is perfect for summer! The recipe is inspired by a Finnish soup called kesakeitto, which is traditionally made with milk and cream. Coconut milk is used to recreate that delicious, creamy taste, making this a cross between kesakeitto and the Thai tom kha gai soup.
Summer Coconut Vegetable Soup [Vegan, Paleo]
- 3 cups water
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black and white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 leeks
- 3 small carrots
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- Parsley and sliced radishes, for garnish
- Dice the potatoes into chunks and slice the rest of your vegetables, then set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot and then add diced potatoes. Lower the heat and let simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the oil, salt, pepper, and all remaining vegetables to the pot. Cover and let cook for approximately 8 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Toss in the almond meal, stir, and then add in the coconut milk.
- Leave uncovered and stir as the soup thickness for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, serve, and garnish with parsley, sliced radishes, or other herbs.