An incredibly easy and versatile cake you can whip up using pantry staples and your favorite berries!
Summer Berry Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Summer Berry Cake [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal and 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries work well)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
How to Prepare Summer Berry Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" cake pan with nonstick spray and line with a circle of parchment paper.
- Make the flax egg by combining the flax meal and water together in a bowl. Stir well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, heat the coconut oil to melt. Then, whisk in the sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, and flax egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with an electric mixer or a spatula until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely. Meanwhile, make the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Then, toast the almonds in a pan over the stove or in the oven for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drizzle the cooled cake with the icing. Sprinkle toasted almonds on top while the icing is still fresh.
Serve at room temperature & refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.