If there’s someone special in your life who you really want to help eat better, but they’re being all “But I love meat, and vegan food is gross, join PETA and leave me alone”, make them this burger with this burger sauce, and stack on their favorite fixings. After they devour the entire thing, they won’t eat their words for dessert, they will lick them clean.
Simple Bean Burgers With Paprika Garlic Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Simple Bean Burgers With Paprika Garlic Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 onion, chopped (yellow or red, it doesn’t matter)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can plain black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can plain white beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup (none of that cheapy stuff, k?)
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
How to Prepare Simple Bean Burgers With Paprika Garlic Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Burgers:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a pan over medium heat for about a minute and then add the onions. Cook the onions for 3 minutes, stirring intermittently so that the onions don’t stick to the pan.
- Add the garlic and red peppers and cook for an additional 4 minutes, stirring frequently.Add the beans, the coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder, red chili flakes and sea salt. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. With a potato masher, mash the mixture just until the beans are mashed (they don’t have to be mashed all the way).
- Add the rice flour and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Shape into 6 equal patties and place on a very lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes on one side, flip, and bake for 20 minutes on the other side.
To Make the Sauce:
- Drain the cashews and place then in the blender along with the rest of the ingredients (tahini, garlic, maple syrup, rice vinegar, paprika, sea salt, water).
- Blend on high until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 252 | Carbs: 35 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 490 mg | Sugar: 3 g 252 35 8 12 490 3Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.