Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins are a fantastic grab and go breakfast or perfect snack. They are packed with fiber and protein because I used almond flour and protein powder in the batter. I love how the strawberries are little bursts of sweetness and the rhubarb is super sour.
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Egg replacer for 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 drops stevia
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
How to Prepare Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk coconut oil, egg replacer, maple syrup, vanilla and stevia.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the strawberries and rhubarb pieces.
- Spoon into the muffin tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops of the muffins start to turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Stay away from the leaves which are toxic due to high levels of oxalic acid and enjoy the stems which are bursting with health benefits
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.