If you love strawberry and rhubarb or simply fabulous vegan desserts that don’t disappoint, you need to try this cheesecake. It has sweet graham cracker crust and a decadent cheesecake filling topped with a sticky-sweet strawberry rhubarb topping. A dollop of coconut whipped cream and a garnish of fresh mint leaves make this spring dessert extra special.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups vegan graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 7-10 dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
For the Filling:
- 1 8-ounce package vegan cream cheese
- 1 14-ounce package silken tofu
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
For the Coconut Whip:
- 1 can solid coconut or two cans coconut milk (refrigerated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper (optional).
- In a food processor, add the graham crackers and pulse until small crumbs remain. Add vegan butter, coconut sugar, pecans, dates, and vanilla extract and then press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Clean the food processor, then add the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, agave, and vanilla extract. Pulse until smooth and creamy. With mixer on slow, slowly add the cornstarch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the springform pan and bake for one hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a countertop for one hour.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the sliced rhubarb and strawberries. Add 1/2 cup water, continue stirring for 3-5 minutes. Add the sugar and Add 1/2 cup water combine with cornstarch gradually while continuing to stir. Sugar will dissolve and its should become more of a sauce within 5-7 minutes. Set aside. Once cooled top the cooled cheesecake with the sauce and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add the solid coconut to the bowl of a standing mixer. Whip until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and gradually add the powdered sugar ideally by sifting it in. Whip until smooth, set aside. Top with coconut whip and serve.