This oatmeal is both sweet and salty, which makes it a perfect breakfast! Plus, the pretzels give an extra crunch and add texture and flavor to the dish!
Strawberry Pretzel Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
For the Oatmeal:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup vegan plain or vanilla yogurt of choice
- scant 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- pinch of salt
For the Toppings:
- 10 mini pretzel twists or sticks
- 5-8 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (see variation above)
- Combine all ingredients for the oatmeal in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours).
- In the morning, crush pretzels and press them down on the bottom of a mason jar or bowl.
- Top with overnight oatmeal, and finish with the fresh strawberries.
- Eat cold!