These sticky chili wings are just like the ones you'd get from a bar, except healthier because they're made with cauliflower florets! Make the sauce with five simple ingredients, dip the florets in, and then bake to seal in the deliciousness. The rich orange flavor is enough to satisfy, but feel free to serve these with vegan Ranch or mayo, as well!
Sticky Chili Cauliflower Wings [Vegan]
For the Wings:
- 1 medium cauliflower
For the Batter:
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Chilli Orange Sauce:
- Juice and zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- Combine the batter ingredients in a mixing bowl. You want it to be quite thick to stick to the cauliflower, so adjust with flour and water until you have a consistency you're happy with.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Dip each floret into the batter, coat completely, allow any excess to drip off then place on the tray. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Put all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook on a medium heat for about 12 minutes. Use a potato masher to break down the dates as it's cooking. You want to end up with a thick, sticky sauce.
- After the wings have cooked for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven. Carefully tip them into the sauce and gently mix until they are all coated. Put them back on the oven tray using a spoon and cook for 5 more minutes.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
One question: while is cooking in the oven we leave the same temperature? 400f