This dessert recipe for stewed cherries with rosemary is crazy easy, and so good, but the only caveat is that it can take some time to pit the cherries. Try some atop a piece of cake or accompanying a scoop of dairy-free ice cream!
Stewed Cherries With Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 cups pitted cherries
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the cherries feel soft and have released a lot of their juice, about 6-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cherries to a large bowl, leaving the cherry juice in the saucepan.
- Bring the juice back to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer it gently until it is reduced by 2/3 and looks like syrup, about 15-20 minutes, depending on the juiciness of the cherries.
- Add the cherries back to the pan and reheat gently before serving.