Bursting with flavors and easy to make, this spring vegetable paella is the perfect dish to make when you are entertaining. Fragrant, saffron-infused paella rice is cooked with plenty of fresh garlic and a wealth of vegetables like asparagus, fava beans, and more. Healthy and hearty, you will not miss the meat or fish!
Spring Vegetable Paella [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8.8 ounces asparagus
- 7 ounces carrot
- 7 ounces frozen fava beans
- 7 ounces broccoli
- 1 10.5-ounce jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil [10.5oz]
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups Bomba paella rice
- 3 1/2-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 generous pinch saffron
- A dash of smoked paprika
- 2 preserved lemons, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A large handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- Peel carrots and cut them into sticks (about 3/4-inch long).
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch chunks, having snapped off their tougher ends first. Cut broccoli florets into quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan. Add finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden. Add carrots, broccoli, asparagus, and fava beans. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add rice, paprika, saffron, and vegetable stock. Mix well. Simmer gently until stock is absorbed, making sure not to overcook the rice.
- When rice is cooked, add drained artichoke hearts cut in half plus preserved lemons. Add a dash of smoked paprika and chopped parsley leaves. Blend carefully. Season to taste.
- Serve straight away.