A light and delicious spring inspired pasta dish. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a picnic in the park or an outdoor BBQ. The fresh flavor of parsley along with the garlic is a delightful combination. Parsley promotes healthy digestion and is thought to be an anti-inflammatory, and can possibly help treat allergies, PMS and cramping. The chlorophyll, which is evident by the green color, helps rid your body of toxins.
Spring Green Pasta [Vegan]
For the Parsley Pesto:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
For the Pasta:
- 17 3/5 ounces Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 ladle of cooking water (for the pesto)
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add the garlic, parsley, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and blend to combine. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions until al dente (approximately 9 minutes).
- When there is 5 minutes of cooking time left with the pasta, add the frozen peas.
- Before straining pasta and peas, remove 1 ladle of cooking water and add it to the parsley pesto, stirring to combine.
- Strain the pasta and peas, and then stir in the parsley pesto.
Best if made the night before and stored in the fridge. Making it ahead of time allows the flavor of the parsley and garlic to really come through.