Whip up a comforting and nourishing pot of pasta with a creamy and perfectly seasoned sauce. After a long day, this is all you'll want for dinner: it's as easy to make as it is delicious!
Spinach Pasta with Zucchini-Nut Sauce [Vegan]
- 6 ounces dried regular or gluten-free fettuccine
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, soaked in water, or 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 small zucchini (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, blend all of the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a pot and cook the sauce over high heat for 2 minutes. Stir with a whisk and add 1/2 cup more water while cooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the spinach to the sauce, then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce, tomatoes, and pepper.