This veggie pasta with chickpeas is great for the whole family. It is so delicious that kids won’t even think about how it has a bunch of healthy ingredients in it. Packed with protein from the chickpeas and full of delicious veggies, this pasta will keep everyone satisfied for the night. It is seasoned beautifully and the flavors all work so well together. Plus, coconut milk adds the perfect amount of creaminess. So simple and tasty, this veggie pasta with chickpeas is a great dinner staple for busy families.
Spicy Vegetables and Chickpea Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Vegetables and Chickpea Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 servings pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, strained and drained
- 1 head of asparagus, halved
- 1 head of broccolini, only use heads save stems for a homemade sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet curry
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- A dash of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
How to Prepare Spicy Vegetables and Chickpea Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled add your pasta of choice and cook as instructed.
- Into a large pan on medium heat add your olive oil, onions, and garlic. Let them cook down for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add your chickpeas and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add your asparagus and broccolini. Cook for 5 minutes then add your tomato paste, spices, and hot sauce. Stir well till your pasta has completely coated the veg.
- Simmer/Cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Make sure your vegetables are cooked (not overdone).
- Then add your coconut milk, bring to a boil, and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Strain your pasta and serve with this gorgeous sauce immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.