This pasta is great dish for the whole family and perfect if you are having trouble trying to sneak in vegetables to every meal! It is filled with just the right amount of spice and vegetables to satisfy your palate while keeping your body warm and cozy. This meal is simple and truly starts with the beauty of vegetables and their ability to completely transform a dish by simply adding beautiful spices and creamy coconut milk.
Spicy Vegetables and Chickpea Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 servings pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, strained and drained
- 1 head of asparagus, halved
- 1 head of broccolini, only use heads save stems for a homemade sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet curry
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- A dash of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled add your pasta of choice and cook as instructed.
- Into a large pan on medium heat add your olive oil, onions, and garlic. Let them cook down for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add your chickpeas and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add your asparagus and broccolini. Cook for 5 minutes then add your tomato paste, spices, and hot sauce. Stir well till your pasta has completely coated the veg.
- Simmer/Cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Make sure your vegetables are cooked (not overdone).
- Then add your coconut milk, bring to a boil, and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Strain your pasta and serve with this gorgeous sauce immediately.