Fresh purple cabbage, sprouts, mushrooms, and carrots are tossed together with a dressing with Asian cuisine-inspired flavors. It's crispy, spicy, creamy, zesty, and simple to make. This crunchy slaw is perfect for serving at barbecues and picnics, where it's best piled high atop a burger.
Spicy Vegetable Slaw [Vegan]
For the Slaw:
- 4 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 2/3 cups white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Shred or thinly slice the purple carrots, mushrooms, and purple cabbage. Toss together in a bowl with the mung bean sprouts.
- Whisk the sesame oil, almond butter, and sriracha together. Add the lime juice to thin out and season, to taste.