I’ve really been in an Asian food mood lately so I came up with this great Thai-inspired salad. I love fresh produce and raw veggie dishes are so nutritious. In addition to Asian flavors, I’ve also been loving SPICY food so I made this dressing extra spicy! The great thing about this salad is that you can use any veggies you want: broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, kale, shredded cabbage, bell peppers, avocado, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, you name it!
Spicy Raw Thai Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Raw Thai Salad [Vegan]
For the Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs finely minced ginger
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs almond butter
- 2 Tbs Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp spicy chili oil (optional but I had it on hand and knew it would make a great addition!)
- 1 tsp sriracha or more if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 dash of stevia to taste – also a dollop of agave or maple syrup could work
- 3 chopped green onions, green and white parts
- 2 Tbs chopped chives (optional but use ‘em if you got ‘em!)
For the Salad:
- red & orange bell peppers
- Pre-mixed kale salad or you could also use shredded cabbage + shredded kale if you can’t find a mix in your area.
- broccoli slaw
- shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1.5 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- Thai lime and chili cashews – roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped chives as garnish – again this is optional but highly recommended since it gives great flavor!
How to Prepare Spicy Raw Thai Salad [Vegan]
For the Dressing:
- In a small mason jar with lid add all ingredients. Secure the lid and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- I doubled the recipe so I would have lots of leftover dressing. I am obsessed with this stuff and love it on salads, over quinoa, as a veggie dip, or as a marinade!
For the Salad:
- For your salad simply chop all your veggies and add to a plastic zip-lock bag.
- Next, enough dressing to coat into the large plastic bag, seal, and shake vigorously until well incorporated. Adjust amount of dressing as needed.
- Garnish with chopped chives and thai chili-lime cashews. The cashews make it!! Have you had them yet?! They are out of this world and so addicting!!
- Pour into bowls or onto plates and enjoy!!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Bell Pepper
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.