Seasoned with a kick, this winter vegetable soup is sure to keep you warm through those cool brisk months. Basically, all this recipe takes is you chopping and throwing everything in a slow cooker and letting it work its magic!
Spicy Acorn Squash and Bean Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 medium white potatoes, skin on, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 acorn squash, skin on, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can peas
- 1 can of Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 hot peppers, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- A handful of kale ribboned sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the ingredients except the kale and the lime juice into a slow cooker and set on high for 6-8 hours (depends on your slow cooker).
- In the last half hour, remove a 1/4 of the soup and blitz in a blender. Pour it back into the soup to get a creamier consistency.
- Add kale and lime juice and cook for the last half hour.
- Serve and enjoy!