A gluten-free pasta alternative with a way-too-creamy garlicky vegan cream sauce.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta With Avocado Cream Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 small spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- salt + pepper to taste
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- In a food processor, combine sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Set squash halves face down in a large pot. Add 1 1/2 inches of water, cover and bring to a boil. Let these steam for about 8 minutes until slightly tender.
- In a another skillet, add a few tablespoons of water and spinach. Cover and steam on low until wilted.
- Use gloves to remove squash from the pot - dry them off with a towel - and scrape the insides out into a bowl using a fork.
- Add avocado sauce and spinach to the squash pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer pasta servings to plates, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve.