Packed with nutrition, beets are the star of this recipe, delivering plenty of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, folate, B6, and thiamin. Besides all the health benefits, beets are tender and sweet when cooked to a soft texture, making them the perfect addition to soups and stews (plus they give your soup a beautiful red color!). It’s a simple, satisfying, and hearty soup that is packed with nutrition!
Soothing Sweet Potato and Beet Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups water
- 4 beets, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of beans such as white or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro/coriander
- 3 teaspoon soup seasoning
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 cups chopped greens
- Fill a pot with three cups of water and bring to a low boil. Add the chopped vegetables, minced garlic, and beans of choice and let cook for around ten to fifteen minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the spices, herbs, maple, and greens then let sit covered for about ten minutes. Top with additional salt and pepper.