These Snickerdoodle Steel Cut Oats always hit the spot. Warm and creamy with that wonderful sweet vanilla and cinnamon snickerdoodle flavor. Bonus is, they’re packed with fiber, healthy fats, and protein, too!
Snickerdoodle Steel Cut Oats [Vegan]
- 1 cup gluten-free steel cut oats (option to pre-soak in cold water overnight then rinse and drain for better digestion and creamier consistency)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or nut-free plant-based milk
- 1 cup canned organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 to 4 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or maple syrup (optional, use more if prefer sweeter oats)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- cinnamon sugar: 1 tablespoon granular sweetener mixed with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, adjusted to taste
- optional toppings: fruit and/or berries, granola, diced protein bar, cacao nibs, peanut or nut butter, or toppings of choice
- Grease the Instant Pot with cooking oil (I like to use coconut oil or spray avocado oil).
- Put oats, almond milk, coconut milk, protein powder, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt in the Instant Pot and whisk to combine.
- Secure the lid and set to pressure cook on high for 4 to 10 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release (see note below*).
- Remove lid carefully. Stir in cashew butter, and allow oats to cool slightly to thicken. Serve with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and your choice of toppings.
Adjust cooking time to desired consistency. Pre-soaked oats will be super creamy after 4 to 5 minutes. Oats that haven’t been pre-soaked will be slightly chewy after 5 minutes and soft and creamy after 10 minutes.