These smores fudge brownies are unreal and VEGAN!
S’mores Fudge Brownie Bars [Vegan]
For the Graham Cracker Base Layer:
- 5 Nabisco Graham Crackers
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
For the Brownie Batter:
- 5 1/2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Salt small pinch
- 6 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 10 tablespoons Cocoa Powder Natural or Dutched Process
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Egg
- 5 tablespoons Cold Water
For the Ganache:
- 1/4 cup Semi Sweet Vegan Chocolate
- 6 tablespoons Soy Milk or any milk alternative of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- First prepare the graham cracker base layer by crushing the graham crackers in a food processor add the sugar and the melted vegan butter and process to the consistency of wt sand
- Press this tightly into the bottom of the greased and parchment lined standard loaf pan
- Sift the flour, baking powder & salt together
- In a medium sauce pot combine the vegan butter & sugar together and melt it while stirring constantly, it will look glossy and shiny, do not boil.
- Remove from heat as soon as the butter is melted and stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and espresso powder, whisk smooth.
- Whip the vegan egg and the cold water to thick and fluffy
- Add it to the butter/cocoa mixture and whisk smooth
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and stir just until it is all combined, do not over mix.
- Pour the brownie batter over the graham cracker crust
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs
- As soon as the brownie comes out of the oven sprinkle the marshmallows over top so they melt into the brownie slightly.
- Cool completely then prepare the ganache by combining the chopped chocolate and milk in a small sauce pot over low heat stirring constantly until it is melted and smooth
- Cool slightly for about 10 minutes then pour over the marshmallows in the pan.
- You can serve this directly out of the pan, or refrigerate it for about 1 hour so it all sets and you can then unmold it in once piece onto a parchment paper, flip it back over, slice and serve.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile