These tacos are to die for and the secret is in the beans. These lentils are simmered with a smokey blend of chiles and spices that give them their uniquely delicious flavor. The recipe also gives you some ideas for taco toppings or you can get creative and use whatever you like.
Smoky Adobo Lentil Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Smoky Adobo Lentil Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Lentils:
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 chipotles in adobo sauce, with the sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A large handful of coriander
For the Tacos:
- 12 gluten-free soft shell tacos
- 1 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 ripe avocados, cut into quarters
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Cashew cream
- Black sesame seeds
- Pomegranate arils
How To Make Smoky Adobo Lentil Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Lentils:
- Place the lentils in a medium pot with two cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then add the remaining lentil ingredients.
- Once the water is boiling again, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until the lentils are easily squished when pressed against the side of the pot with the back of a spoon.
- Once cooked, finely chop the coriander and stir this through.
- The lentils can be eaten immediately or left for a few days and reheated as needed.
To Make the Tacos:
- Heat the tacos and then fill each one with about 1/4 of a cup of shredded cabbage, 2-3 tablespoons of lentils, 1/4 of an avocado and 2 tablespoons of corn kernels.
- Garnish with cashew cream, black sesame seeds, pomegranate arils and additional coriander and squeeze some fresh lime over top before eating. Alternatively, fill them with whatever other yummy things you like to put in tacos.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
If I add all of the remaining ingredients in step two, then how much coriander do I add in step 4?
Would you chop up the chipotle peppers or place them in whole?