Did you know that your slow cookeris capable of much more than just savory dishes? Yes, it’s true! This recipe is a tasty combination of cacao butter, nuts, seeds, and molasses that creates a great grain-free breakfast or a nutritious snack. The awesome thing about it is that you make it in advance, and then BAM, it’s just right there waiting for you when you are. Serve with your favorite dairy-free yogurt.
Slow Cooker Choco’Nutz Granola [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/4 cup cacao butter could replace with coconut oil
- 1/4 cup black strap molasses
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts, cashews, and Brazil nuts (1/2 cup each), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup each
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup green raisins
- Get your slow cooker ready by turning it to medium. Add cacao butter (or coconut oil) and allow it to melt.
- Add in molasses and almond butter.
- Once melted add cacao powder, vanilla powder and salt, whisk until well combined.
- Stir in nuts, seeds, and coconut, making sure all ingredients are well mixed and coated.
- Cover and cook the granola for 1 hour, or until crunchy, gently stirring every 20 minutes to prevent the granola closest to the edges from burning.
- Once the granola finishes and reaches your desired crunchy texture, transfer it to the prepared baking sheet, mix in raisins and allow to cool completely. Transfer into a glass jar or container and refrigerate.
Store in a closed glass container. Will keep in a cool dry place/refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.