There are many vegan recipes for scrambles out there, but most of then call for tofu. In this recipe, chickpea flour takes the place of the tofu — with creamy, delicious results. Get it all ready before going to bed and let it cook overnight while you sleep! Perfect for busy days and it makes a decent amount that you can easily pack for lunch or share with family.
Slow Cooker Chickpea Flour Breakfast Scramble [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Vegetables:
- 2 bell peppers diced (red and yellow)
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
For the Chickpea Mix:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric, more if you love the flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
For the Extras:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sprouted whole grain bread or any bread (optional)
- Green salad arugula, spinach, baby chart, etc
- Lightly coat the inside of your slow cooker with coconut oil and add in all the vegetables.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, turmeric, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Pour the chickpea mix all over the vegetables Gently stir all ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours (please see note below), once the top begins to brown slightly, it’s ready.
- Serve on top of sprouted grain bread, inside a wrap or with nice fresh green salad.
Slow cookers all cook at different paces. It is recommended that you make this recipe for the first time during the day and watch it to see how long it needs to cook until you’re happy with it.