Here’s a completely plant-based one-pot meal that will satisfy the hungriest at your table. The potatoes and chickpeas are filling and full of nutrients. The sauce and the rest of the veggies make a sauce that packs a flavor punch.
Slow Cooker Chickpea Cacciatore with Potatoes [Vegan]
- 1 bag (24 ounces or 680 g) baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 cans (15 ounces or 425 g each) chickpeas, drained (save liquid to use as aquafaba in other recipes)
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced (can use all white, baby bella, or a combo)
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (use multiple colors if you can)
- 3 carrots, cut into coins
- 1 can (28 ounces or 784 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine (or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (optional)
- The night before: Cut up the veggies. Add veggies and drained chickpeas to a sealable container, and mix. You can mix all the sauce ingredients together now, or wait until morning. Store everything in the fridge.
- In the morning: Mix the sauce and veggie - chickpea mixture together in your slow cooker. Cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- Garnish with pitted black olives, if desired.