This recipe is full of goodness and nutrients. This salad is also great for work/ school lunches. You can store in a container in the fridge and you know you have got a nutritious lunch waiting for you to enjoy!
Simple Green Quinoa Salad with Roast Pumpkin [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Simple Green Quinoa Salad with Roast Pumpkin [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 small pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 avocado, seed removed and chopped
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 red chilli
- 1 cup sprouts
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to Prepare Simple Green Quinoa Salad with Roast Pumpkin [Vegan]
- Line baking tray with baking paper, cut a few thin slices of pumpkin (for the top of salad) and chop the rest into cubes. Bake in oven until cooked (about 20-30 mins).
- Add raw quinoa to saucepan and add in water, simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes until cooked (it should be light and fluffy not gooey).
- Pour quinoa into a sieve and run under cold water, place on a bowl to let all the water drain out, Meanwhile you can chop up all your veggies.
- Add quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Take out pumpkin from the oven and stir the cubed pieces through the salad and once ready to serve transfer to a plate or salad bowl and add on the sliced pumpkin pieces.
- Topped with more sprouts, chilli, sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.