This is a quick and easy tofu scramble fried rice that tastes great and will keep you full for hours. The combination of spicy, sweet and salty flavors combine into a fabulous flavored dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Scrambled Tofu Fried Rice [Vegan]
Tofu Scramble Mix:
- 1/2 large Onion Sliced lengthways
- 300 grams Firm Tofu Crumbled
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Vegetable and Rice Mix:
- 1/2 Medium Carrot Peeled and diced into very small cubes
- 1/2 cup Peas - I used frozen
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or 1 tbs tamari and 1 tbs rice vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes (or to taste)
- 1 clove Garlic minced or chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp coarse celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or pouring jug. Set aside for adding later.
- Put the sliced onion into a hot non-stick pan or wok. Stir until it turns brown and caramelized. If it does stick, add a touch of water to loosen it off.
- Add the crumbled tofu and stir through. Again, add a touch of water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add all of the scramble spices and mix through thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Set aside while you cook the rest of the ingredients.
Vegetables and Rice:
- Put the peas and carrots into the hot pan and stir for a couple of minutes until the carrots are done to your liking. Again, add a touch of water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan - however, this shouldn't happen if you are using frozen peas as the water from them will evaporate as you are cooking.
- Next, add in the sauce mixture and stir well.
- Turn heat down to medium and add in the rice. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the tofu scramble mixture in and again stir through.
- Take off heat and serve! YUM!
Use any vegetables that you like. If you don't like tofu, or want to change things up a bit, you could try mushrooms or black beans. So versatile - just use whatever you have in your refrigerator :-)
Per Serving: Calories: 263 | Carbs: 40 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: mg | Sugar: 12 g762 Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Oh boy, is this the BOMB! I used brown rice and the sauce is killer with a big clove of garlic. Garlicky and sweet and smoky all at the same time. It\’s awesome! I can totally see eating this for breakfast or lunch too! Next time I\’ll bump up the veggies and may still add some spinach and red peppers to my leftovers this time. Thanks for the recipe!