This vegan pizza porridge is pretty much just oatmeal, marinara, and two florets of broccoli. This recipe can be customized to your liking. Whatever toppings you like on your pizza (veggies, pineapple, or mushroom) you can put on this porridge. You can make this really simple or you can go all out and throw in ALL THE TOPPINGS!
Savory Pizza Porridge [Vegan]
- Your favorite pizza toppings*
- 2/3 cup water or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/3 cup pizza/marinara sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vegan parmesan (optional)
- mozzarella shreds (optional)
- Prepare your pizza toppings as necessary. (I chop everything into bite-sized pieces. Then, I cook them in a thin layer of water in a skillet in the order of length required to cook. For example, broccoli goes in first, and olives go in last since they don't need to cook--just heat.)
- Bring water (or milk) to a boil in a saucepan, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add pizza sauce, salt, and optional parmesan.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, stir in your preferred pizza toppings.
- Transfer to a bowl. Top with optional Daiya (or similar) mozzarella shreds. You could also top with crushed red pepper or fresh basil.
- All Vegan Cheese