This san choy bowl recipe (also known as Asian lettuce cups) is absolutely delicious; light, tasty and very satisfying! The fresh crispiness of the iceberg lettuce combines so well with the satisfying textures of the veggie filling. Then the creamy sweet and spicy dressing tops it all off perfectly.
San Choy Bowl [Vegan]
For the Filling
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 handful sundried tomatoes soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup walnuts soaked overnight (or buy activated)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 piece ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- water as needed to make creamy
Gently process the first 5 filling ingredients.
Add to a large bowl and mix in the other fillings.
Spoon mixture in to iceberg lettuce leaves.
Add the tahini and apple cider vinegar to a small bowl.
Pour in a little bit of water at a time, stirring, until a creamy pourable consistency is achieved. Then add in the rest of the dressing ingredients.
Top the san choy bow with the creamy tahini sauce.