This recipe from Dawn Hutchins at Florida Coastal Cooking is sweet, salty, savory, and crunchy. This healthy salad-on-a-stick appetizer is sure to wow both your plant-based peeps and omnivores alike.
Salad Skewers with Hawaiian Pineapple Vinaigrette [Vegan, Oil-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Salad Skewers with Hawaiian Pineapple Vinaigrette [Vegan, Oil-Free]
For the Pineapple Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons tahini for creaminess (if oil-free) or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil with 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
For The Vegetable Options:
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Lettuce, chopped
- Red onion, peeled and chopped
- Avocado, seeded and cubed
How to Prepare Salad Skewers with Hawaiian Pineapple Vinaigrette [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- Blend dressing ingredients in a small blender.
- Cut veggies into chunks and thread onto skewers.
- Drizzle dressing over veggies or greens of choice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Sesame Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving (2 tablespoons): Calories: 35.2 | Carbs: 9.1 g | Fat: 0 g | Protein: 0.7 g | Sodium: 0.8 mg | Sugar: 7.3 g Nutrition for dressing only.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.