This dish has everything you littler heart could ask for from a dinner entree. The rich, creamy polenta is perfumed with fresh sage and then topped with some tender sautéed mushrooms and garlic. This is one meal that nobody in the family will want to miss.
Sage Polenta and Wild Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water, for the mushrooms
- 1 fresh lemon (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- To make the polenta, follow the recipe on your bag but use the water and almond milk as your liquid.
- Once the polenta is nearly done cooking, stir in the roughly chopped sage leaves (about 6 fresh leaves) and nutritional yeast.
- Add a few teaspoons of sea salt until it’s seasoned just as you like it.
- In a medium skillet, warm the olive oil and garlic and chop your mushrooms.
- Then stir in the chopped mushrooms and water.
- Sautée for another 5-10 minutes and stir in the chopped sage leaves (about 3-4 leaves).
- Add a small squeeze of lemon.