This is an excellent risotto made with saffron and vegetables! Rich in taste, light, fragrant and easy! Although it does not have butter and cheese this risotto is creamy and sincerely very tasty! It also keeps well in the refrigerator for at least 3 days, so enjoy leftovers for lunch.
Saffron Risotto [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup rice for risotto (arborio)
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, melted
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron fibers
- salt and pepper
- Soak saffron in water for 10 minutes.
- Saute garlic and onion in a pan for 2 minutes in some oil.
- Add rice stirring constantly and once water has evaporated add veggies, bay leaf, paprika and garlic powder.
- Cook thoroughly and enjoy.